Small Business Legal Assistance Program (LAP)
The Faegre & Benson LAP provides pro bono assistance to qualifying small businesses/micro enterprises in need of legal assistance pertaining to routine transactional business law matters such as entity formation, human resources, landlord-tenant, contract drafting and review, commercial real estate, trade names and intellectual property advice, and other forms of legal advice and representation, excluding litigation.
The Faegre & Benson LAP provides free legal assistance to:
- Low-income individuals who want to start or develop a for-profit business; and
- For-profit businesses expanding operations into economically distressed neighborhoods and communities.
The Faegre & Benson LAP will assist both new and existing small businesses/micro enterprises that, for the most part, meet the following criteria:
- Have a business plan
- Have funding or the potential for acquiring funding
- Possess a projection for profitability or the ability to break even within two years
- Have a potential positive impact on the community by providing jobs, economic activity or other contributions to the community in which the business is located
Click here to learn more about eligibility and to download an application (pdf format).
About The Firm
Faegre & Benson LLP is one of the 100 largest firms in the United States. Its more
than 500 lawyers are experienced in handling complex transactions and litigation
matters throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. Faegre & Benson has a long
and rich tradition of providing pro bono legal services to organizations and individuals in the community.